Chattanooga CARES provides FREE and confidential Hepatitis C testing
In addition to rapid HIV testing, Chattanooga CARES also provides Free rapid Hepatitis C testing.
Hour of Operations
Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday: 8AM-5PM
Friday: 8AM to 12:30PM
For more info call (423)265-2273
What is Hepatitis C?
Hepatitis C is an infection of the liver. It is caused by a virus.
How is Hepatits C spread?
Hepatitis C is commonly passed from person to person by way of infected blood. This happens most commonly when needles are shared. In rare cases, it is passed from mother to child during childbirth or to a partner during sex.
What are the symptoms?
Most people don’t have symptoms at first. Those who have symptoms usually feel slightly ill. It can take many years to feel sick from hepatitis C.
People with symptoms may notice:
- Feeling very tired.
- Joint pain.
- Yellow skin or eyes.
- No appetite.
- Dark urine or light-colored stools.
- Nausea, stomach pain , vomiting.
- Don’t share needles.
- Avoid contact with other people’s blood.
- Stay informed.
If you have hepatitis C…
- Get treated at Chattanooga CARES.
- Get regular health checkups.
- Avoid alcohol and other drugs.
- Get vaccinated against hepatitis A and B.
3 Facts you should know about hepatitis C
- Hepatitis C is the leading cause of liver cancer.
- Millions of Americans have hepatitis C but don’t know about it.
- Treatment can eliminate the virus.
- Walk-ins welcome
- Private and Confidential
- Finger Prick
- Test results available in 20 minutes
*CARES provides treatment to those infected. Contact us for more information.